The Title section features a text title, subtitle, and byline text fields, with the option of a background image (which can also have a caption attached) or video (which is auto-played, looped and muted).
The whole block containing title and subtitle text can be moved using the green arrow icons that appear to the left, right, top and bottom of the block, to one of nine positions across the screen.
Text within the block can also be aligned left, right and center. In combination, this enables you to have, for instance, a title that appears in a block on the right side of the page, but whose text is all left-aligned within the block.
Text within the blocks can be resized using the options that appear on hover.
Highlighting text will show other formatting options such as Bold, Italic, Underline and more.
The Title Section also features a third text field (pre-filled with a byline, but can be used for whatever is most appropriate). This can be moved to the left, centre or right of the screen. You can also delete the text if you don't wish to use that field. An optional caption field is located at the bottom of the section.
- Full-screen landscape image: 2560px wide x 1440px JPEG at 100% quality
- Full-screen portrait image: 1080px wide x 1920px JPEG at 100% quality
- Prepare and crop images with a text area in mind. Use the toggle to adjust the filter applied to your background, from 0-100%, to help your text stand out.
- Images will be automatically cropped to the centre on portrait screens. Or you can upload a different image to be shown on portrait screens.
- Please refer to our image templates for text safe area guides to ensure no detail is lost in cropping.
- Shorthand will automatically compress your JPG images for multiple device sizes.
- You may choose to either upload a single video that will be cropped to fill both wide and tall screens, or upload videos specific to each format so that, for instance, your readers on a portrait-orientation phone are shown a different video to that shown to a reader on a laptop or desktop ('landscape') screen.
- Landscape format - will fill wide screens: 1920px X 1080px (1280 x 720px can also be used)
- Portrait format (optional) - will fill tall screens such as phones in portrait orientation: 1080px X 1920px
- 100mb MAX (much smaller if possible) – we recommend a max of 2MB per 5 secs
- Muted - (we recommend removing sound in editing to reduce filesize)
- Fallback image (same aspect ratio as your uploaded video). These images are shown before the video loads.
Title sections support a number of section options including, if your theme allows for it, changes to the text colour, colour and opacity of an image overlay, change to the section height, and changes to how the background image and overlaying text react to the page scrolling. For more, see: