Plugins for Wordpress and Drupal
Note: We are currently looking at a simpler approach to integrate with all types of CMS's, if you can't wait and want to give it a go then let us know!
If your Shorthand plan supports it, making your Shorthand stories available to your Wordpress or Drupal-powered site simply involves marking a story in the Shorthand editor as "Ready to publish".
This flag enables you and your installed Wordpress or Drupal Shorthand plugin to easily distinguish between your finished work and drafts or test stories.
The stories you have marked will then be available to the Wordpress or Drupal plugin.
To make a story visible in your Wordpress or Drupal system:
- Find the story on your Shorthand dashboard
- Click Edit
- Click Publish
- Under Prepare for publishing click Prepare
- Your story will now be visible in your Wordpress or Drupal system.
If you'd like to test the plugins, or discuss automating the export workflow via our story API, please let us know.
- For the best results, give the Shorthand story full page width - this can mean hiding sidebars or margins that are within your usual page templates.
- Make sure that there is no overflow:hidden or overflow-x:hidden on any parent elements of the page, as these break the browser's ability to stick content to parts of the screen during scrolling. If you notice scrollmation or reveal sections not working correctly it is probably due to overflow being set in your site template.
If you are yet to sign up for one of our plans, please contact our sales team.
If you are already subscribed to Shorthand and need to speak to someone about publishing options, please contact our support team.